Managing Devices with Linux Device Drivers
FREE 1 hour webinar! Friday June 19, 2020 Register now below
In this webinar we investigate the why and how of managing peripheral devices in an Arm-based embedded Linux system. Although this is a huge and complex subject area, we can still introduce some of the key concepts and start to appreciate the steps involved in writing a device driver.
- How devices are represented in the device-tree description
- The basic framework used for a Linux kernel device driver
- Fundamentals of device driver programming, including interrupt handling and memory
- How devices can be managed from user-space and a comparison with kernel-based management
- Some of the tools and techniques available for debugging device drivers.
The webinar will feature examples using Xilinx® SoCs.
Doulos Senior Member Technical Staff and Linux expert Simon Goda will present this training webinar, which will consist of a one-hour session, and will be interactive with Q&A participation from attendees.
Attendance is free of charge.
Schedule and Registration:This webinar will be broadcast twice, at convenient times for international audiences. Please review the times listed below and register for the most appropriate option for your time zone.
For Europe and Asia:
For Americas: email@example.com
FREE online support resources with Doulos KnowHow:Doulos KnowHow includes:
- technical information
- coding examples
- video guides
Visit: www.doulos.com/knowhow »