Arm® DSP Masterclass - Advanced NEON™
Advanced Level - 2 daysview dates and locations
This MasterClass provide a comprehensive introduction to NEON™, a sophisticated DSP engine hidden inside the latest generation of Arm® Cortex®-A5, Cortex-A8 and Cortex-A9 processors. As well as giving a detailed description of the NEON architecture, this course shows how you can exploit NEON in software applications using the Arm and GNU tool chains.
This MasterClass gives a far more in-depth desciption of the Arm DSP Co-processor engine NEON than would a standard Arm Cortex-Ax training classes. For example, see Arm Cortex-A9 MPCore Software Design.
Learn how to take advantage of NEON to optimize common signal processing functions used in filtering, sample rate conversion, and audio and video codec applications.
Who should attend?
Software engineers working on image processing and DSP algorithms who need to know how to get the best results from the Arm DSP Co-processor engine NEON.
Good knowledge of the Arm SIMD instruction set and architecture is essential. All Doulos Arm Cortex-Ax classes provide an initial overview of NEON. For example, see Arm Cortex-A9 MPCore Software Design.
The training materials for this class are based on Arm®'s own material.
Structure and Content
- Arm Architecture Overview and Introduction
- Co-processor instruction space and how it relates VFP and NEON
- NEON Introduction & Instruction Set Details
- Why & How to use NEON
- NEON vs DSP dedicated hardware
- Compiler and NEON, Working with Intrinsics, Libraries and Vectorising Compiler
- Micro-architecture implementations of NEON in Cortex-A8 and Cortex-A9
- NEON examples, worked examples showing efficient usage of NEON
- How does NEON relate to Debug and Profiling support?
Arm is a registered trade mark and Cortex and NEON are trade marks of Arm Holdings Plc.
Looking for team-based training, or other locations?
Complete an on-line form and a Doulos representative will get back to you »Back to top