DSP Design Using System Generatorview dates and locations
This course allows you to explore the System Generator tool and to gain the expertise you need to develop advanced, low-cost Digital Signal Processing designs. This intermediate course in implementing DSP functions focuses on learning how to use System Generator for DSP, design implementation tools, and hardware co-simulation verification. Through hands-on exercises, you will implement a design from algorithm concept to hardware verification by using Xilinx FPGA capabilities.
Who Should Attend?
System engineers, system designers, logic designers, and experienced hardware engineers interested in DSP design training who are implementing DSP algorithms using the MathWorks MATLAB® and Simulink® software and want to use Xilinx System Generator for DSP design
- Experience with the MATLAB and Simulink software
- Basic understanding of sampling theory
- Xilinx ISE® Design Suite: System Edition 2013.3
- MATLAB with Simulink software R2013b
- Architecture: 7 series FPGAs*
- Demo board: Kintex™-7 KC705 board*
*This course focuses on the 7 series architectures. Check with your local Authorized Training Provider for the specifics of the in-class lab board or other customizations.
After completing this comprehensive training, you will know how to:
- Describe the System Generator design flow for implementing DSP functions
- Identify Xilinx FPGA capabilities and implement a design from algorithm concept to hardware simulation
- List various low-level and high-level functional blocks available in System Generator
- Identify the high-level blocks available for FIR and FFT designs
- Design a multiple-clock-based System Generator system
- Embed two System Generator designs into a larger design
- Use a custom-designed FPGA PCB as a hardware co-simulation target
- Introduction to System Generator
- Simulink Software Basics
- Lab 1: Using the Simulink Software
- Basic Xilinx Design Capture
- Lab 2: Getting Started with Xilinx System Generator
- Signal Routing
- Lab 3: Signal Routing
- Implementing System Control
- Lab 4: Implementing System Control
- Multi-Rate Systems
- Lab 5: Designing a MAC-based FIR
- Filter Design
- Lab 6: Designing a FIR Filter Using the FIR Compiler Block
- System Generator, Project Navigator, and Platform Studio Integration
- Lab 7: System Generator and Project Navigator Integration
- Spartan-6 and Virtex-6 FPGA DSP Platforms
- Lab 8: Using System Generator to Develop Virtex-6 and Spartan-6 FPGA DSP Applications
- Lab 1: Using Simulink – Learn how to use Simulink toolbox blocks and design a system. Understand the effect sampling rate.
- Lab 2: Getting Started with Xilinx System Generator – Illustrates a DSP48-based design. Perform hardware co-simulation verification targeting a Xilinx evaluation board.
- Lab 3: Signal Routing – Design padding and unpadding logic by using signal routing blocks.
- Lab 4: Implementing System Control – Design an address generator circuit by using blocks and Mcode.
- Lab 5: Designing a MAC-based FIR – Using a bottom-up approach, design a MAC-based bandpass FIR filter and verify through hardware co-simulation by using a Xilinx evaluation board.
- Lab 6: Designing a FIR Filter Using the FIR Compiler Block or DAFIR Block – Design a bandpass FIR filter by using the FIR Compiler block to demonstrate increased productivity. Verify the design through hardware co-simulation by using a Xilinx evaluation board.
- Lab 7: System Generator and Project Navigator Integration – Learn how to embed two System Generator designs into a larger design and how VHDL created by System Generator can be incorporated into the simulation model of the overall system.
- Lab 8: Using System Generator to Develop Virtex-6 and Spartan-6 FPGA DSP Applications – Using System Generator to Develop Virtex-6 and Spartan-6 FPGA DSP Applications – Design a single-carrier Digital Up Converter (DUC) and Digital Down Converter (DDC) to meet WCDMA UTMS 3GPP specifications.
|April 3rd, 2019||Ankara, TR||Enquire|
|indicates CONFIRMED TO RUN courses.|
Looking for team-based training, or other locations?
Complete an on-line form and a Doulos representative will get back to you »
Back to top