Embedded Systems Training
Embedded Systems Hardware and Software Design is conveniently offered by Doulos as a single 3 day course, which combines the Embedded Systems Design, and Embedded Systems Software Design training.
Embedded Systems Design
The Xilinx Zynq® SoC provides a new level of system design capabilities. This course brings experienced FPGA designers up to speed on developing embedded systems using the Embedded Development Kit (EDK). The features and capabilities of the Zynq SoCs as well as concepts, tools, and techniques are included in the lectures and labs. The hands-on labs provide students with experience designing, expanding, and modifying an embedded system, including adding and simulating a custom AXI-based peripheral.
Additionally, the features and capabilities of the Xilinx MicroBlaze™ soft processor are also included in the lectures.
Who Should Attend?
- FPGA design experience
- Completion of the Essentials of FPGA Design course or equivalent knowledge of Xilinx ISE® software implementation tools
- Basic understanding of C programming
- Basic understanding of microprocessors
- Some HDL modeling experience
- Vivado Design or System Edition 2014.1
- Architecture: Zynq-7000 SoC and 7 series FPGAs*
- Demo board: Zed*
- Describe the various tools that encompass the Xilinx Embedded Development Kit (EDK)
- Rapidly architect an embedded system containing a Xilinx-supplied AXI architecture IP by using the PS Configuration Wizard
- Utilize the Eclipse-based Software Development Kit (SDK) to develop software applications and debug software
- Create and integrate your own IP into the Project Navigator environment
- Simulate your own custom peripherals with Bus Functional Models (BFMs)
- EDK Overview
- IP Integrator and the PS Configuration Wizard
- Lab 1:Hardware Construction using the Vivado IP Integrator Tool
- Software Development Using SDK
- Lab 2: Adding and Downloading Software
- Introduction to AXI
- Adding Hardware to an Embedded Design
- Lab 3: Adding IP to a Hardware Design
- MicroBlaze Processor Basics
- Cortex-A9 Processor Basics
- Designing a Custom Peripheral
- Adding Custom IP to the Embedded System
- Bus Functional Model Simulation
- Lab 4: Building Custom AXI IP for an Embedded System
- Lab 1: Hardware Construction – Using the Vivado IP Integrator Tool (Zynq SoC) - Create a project using the IP Integrator to develop a basic hardware system and generate a series of netlists for the embedded design.
- Lab 2: Adding and Downloading Software – Complete the processes begun in Lab 1 using the SDK tools to create a software BSP and sample application. Configure the device and download the application.
- Lab 3: Adding IP to a Hardware Design –Add IP to an existing processing system. Configure the device and download the application.
- Lab 4: Sharing PS Resources with the MicroBlaze Processor (Hardware) –Add peripherals to a Zynq SoC design and connect the PS to a PL processor (i.e., a MicroBlaze processor to share PS resources). Generate the netlists and bitstream of the complete design.
Find out more...View details, dates and locations for Embedded Systems training
Or contact your local Doulos team to discuss your requirements.
Back to top