Expert SystemC Verification
In-house Training Option
Advanced Level - 2 days
Expert SystemC Verification is a 2-day advanced training class teaching existing SystemC users how to use SystemC for testbench automation using a constrained random verification methodology. This class, supporting versions 1.0p2 of the SystemC verification library (SCV), teaches delegates how to debug and validate models, and exploit the library.
Class workshops are based around carefully designed exercises to reinforce and challenge the extent of learning, and comprise approximately 50% of class time.
Expert SystemC Verification is available for in-house delivery or team-based training only.
Doulos has been active in SystemC-based methods since 2000 ensuring a world-wide lead in independent SystemC know-how. During that time Doulos has delivered SystemC training and support to engineers in more than 70 companies worldwide – including direct involvement with methodology and tool developers in such companies as Arm, Cadence, CoWare, Mentor Graphics and Synopsys.
Who should attend?
- Verification engineers with a sound knowledge of SystemC and C++, who wish to use constrained random verification using SCV
- Hardware and software engineers who are currently using SystemC, and wish to learn the constrained random verification methodology with SCV.
- Users of Cadence Testbuilder who wish to have an introduction to SCV/CVE.
What will you learn?
- The constrained random approach to verification
- The SCV core classes and facilities
- How to use SCV to debug and validate your models
- How to best exploit SCV and transaction level modelling
- (Optional) The additional features in Cadence Verification Extensions (requires CVE version later than 5.3s001)
Pre-requisitesDelegates must have a good working knowledge of SystemC. Prior attendance of the Doulos Comprehensive SystemC training course (or equivalent) is required. No previous knowledge of constrained random verification is needed, as this will be introduced during the course.
Please contact Doulos to discuss and assess your specific experience against the Pre-requisites.
Training materialsDoulos Course materials are renowned for being the most comprehensive and user friendly available. Their style, content and coverage is unique in the HDL training world, and has made them sought after resources in their own right. Fees include:
- Fully indexed course notes creating a complete reference manual
- Workbook full of practical examples and solutions to help you apply your knowledge
- Doulos SystemC Golden Reference Guide for language, syntax, semantics and tips.
Structure and Content
Verification MethodologyBlack and White Box Testing • Simulation and coverage • Verification Methodology Overview • What is Testbench Automation? • How SystemC and SCV fit in to verification • Obtaining SCV
Data IntrospectionExtensions to data • Static vs Dynamic extensions • Extensions components • Extending built-in data types • Extending User Defined Data Types • User-defined data types with private attributes • Accessing Static Data Extensions
RandomizationRandomization • Dynamic extensions • Shared (reference-counted) pointers • Smart Pointers • Randomizing user defined data • Weighted distributions using bags • Weighted distributions using keep • Reproducibility • Using Seed Files
ConstraintsWhy we need constraints • Hard vs Soft • Creating constraints – scv_constraint_base • Constraining a simple data type • Constraining a user data type • Enabling and disabling constraints • Methods vs attributes • Overloading next() • Hierarchical Constraints
Transaction RecordingRequirements for transaction recording • Stream, generators, databases • Creating output • Transaction attributes • Using the transaction database
Other SCV FeaturesUsing SCV_REPORT • The HDL Connection API • SCV data types (scv_sparse_array)
SystemC 2.1 Dynamic ThreadsDynamic Thread Applications • Spawning Threads and Methods • Setting spawn options • Spawning functions • Spawning member functions • scx_barrier
Cadence Verification Extensions (CVE) [optional]CVE Wizards • Connecting to ncsim • Recording to an SDI database • Dynamic Thread Creation • Other data types (smart queues)
Doulos acknowledges trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners
Price on request
Back to top