Xilinx - Introduction to the AccelDSP Synthesis Tool
Intermediate Level - 2 daysView dates and locations
Learn how to synthesize an algorithm written in the language of the MATLAB® software into a design that is optimized for a Xilinx FPGA. Find out how to make coding changes in the MATLAB software that improve area and performance. Use the floating-point to fixed-point and design exploration features of the AccelDSP™ synthesis tool to achieve maximum results. Merge a synthesized MATLAB software block into a larger HDL design or System Generator design.
This course uses materials developed by Xilinx.
This course is also available for in-house delivery. Please contact a member of the sales team to discuss your requirements.
Who should attend?Engineers seeking to develop the necessary skills for designing DSP systems using the Xilinx AccelDSP synthesis tool running with the MATLAB software.
- Fundamental knowledge of the MATLAB software
- Basics of digital signal processing theory
- Xilinx ISE® Foundation™ 10.1 software with the ISE Simulator
- AccelDSP synthesis tool 10.1
- System Generator for DSP 10.1
- MATLAB R2007b
Skills gainedAfter completing this comprehensive training, you will have the necessary skills to:
- Transform a non-synthesizable MATLAB software algorithm into a design that can be synthesized by the AccelDSP synthesis tool
- Identify the concepts of quantization as well as specify, monitor, and control bit growth in a MATLAB software design
- Use AccelDSP synthesis tool directives and coding style changes to optimize a design for performance and efficiency
- Integrate an AccelDSP synthesis tool-generated design into a larger HDL design
- Generate and merge an AccelDSP synthesis tool design into a larger System Generator design
Course OutlineDay 1
- Introduction to the AccelDSP Synthesis Tool and Lab
- Synthesizable MATLAB Software Design and Lab
- Quantization and Lab
- Multirate Design and Lab
- Using AccelWare Reference Designs and Lab
- Design Exploration and Lab
- Adding Hardware Control and Lab
- Coding for Hardware Performance and Lab
- Synthesizing Complex Numbers and Lab
- Interfacing to System Hardware and Lab
- System Generator Integration and Lab
- Lab 1 - Getting Started with the AccelDSP Synthesis Tool Learn the basic design flow through the AccelDSP synthesis tool.
- Lab 2 - Synthesizable MATLAB Software Design Modify a non-synthesizable MATLAB software design so that it can be synthesized by the AccelDSP synthesis tool.
- Lab 3 - Quantization Specify, monitor, and control bit growth in the synthesized design.
- Lab 4 - Multirate Design Set up the design to model the effects of decimation by 2. Create a synthesizable polyphase decimation filter in the MATLAB software and implement the filter in a Xilinx FPGA.
- Lab 5 - Using AccelWare Reference Designs Replace a polyphase decimation filter with an equivalent FIRdecim AccelWare reference design block.
- Lab 6 - Design Exploration Apply the design exploration features of the AccelDSP synthesis tool to optimize a design for area and performance.
- Lab 7 - Adding Hardware Control Modify the source of a FIR filter to add a serial coefficients load feature.
- Lab 8 - Coding for Hardware Performance Learn software coding techniques to take advantage of even-symmetric coefficients and drive performance.
- Lab 9 - Synthesizing Complex Numbers Explore the methods available for synthesizing designs that use complex numbers.
- Lab 10 - Interfacing to System Hardware Connect the interface signals generated in the AccelDSP synthesis tool to a larger HDL design.
- Lab 11 - System Generator Integration Convert a MATLAB software-based design into a System Generator block and merge the block into a larger System Generator design.
Looking for team-based training, or other locations?
Complete an on-line form and a Doulos representative will get back to you »
Back to top