Xilinx - Advanced Embedded Systems Software Design(Also known as Advanced Features and Techniques of Embedded Systems Software Design by Xilinx)
View dates and locations
This course will help software engineers fully utilize the components available in the Zynq® SoC processing system (PS). This course covers advanced Zynq SoC topics for the software engineer, including advanced boot methodology, the NEON co-processor, programming PS system-level function control registers, the general interrupt controller, the DMA, Ethernet, and USB controllers, and the various low-speed peripherals included in the Zynq processing system.
Who Should Attend?
Software design engineers interested in fully utilizing the Zynq extensible processing platform.
- Embedded Systems Software Design course or equivalent knowledge
- C or C++ programming experience
- Conceptual understanding of embedded processing systems, including device drivers, interrupt routines, Xilinx Standalone library services, user applications, and boot loader operation
- Experience developing software for embedded processor applications
- Vivado Design or System Edition 2018.3
- Architecture: Zynq-7000 SoC*
- Demo board: Zynq-7000 SoC ZC702 demo board*
* This course focuses on the Zynq-7000 SoC. Please contact Doulos for the specifics of the in-class lab board or other customizations.
After completing this comprehensive training, you will know how to:
- Implement an effective Zynq SoC boot design methodology
- Create an appropriate FSBL image for flash
- Identify advanced Cortex™-A9 processor services for fully utilizing the capabilities of the Zynq SoC
- Analyze the operation and capabilities of the DMA controller in the Zynq SoC
- Examine the various Standalone library services and performance capabilities of the Ethernet and USB controllers in the Zynq All Programmable SoC
- Describe the Standalone library services available for low-speed peripherals that are contained in the Zynq PS.
- Advanced Boot Methodology on the Zynq SoC
- Zynq SoC Boot Details
- Lab 1: Zynq SoC Boot Memory
- Advanced Arm Cortex-A9 Processor Services
- Advanced DMA Controller Configuration on the Zynq SoC
- Lab 2: Configuring DMA on the Zynq e SoC
- High-Speed Peripheral Configuration on the Zynq SoC
- Low-Speed Peripherals on the Zynq SoC
- Lab 3: Peripheral Programming on the Zynq SoC
- Lab 1: Zynq Boot Memory Lab – Explore the principles of creating a bootable flash image based on a First Stage Bootloader (FSBL) project.
- Lab 2: Configuring DMA on the Zynq SoC – Program the DMA controller on the Zynq SoC PS and explore the various Standalone library services that support the Zynq PS DMA controller.
- Lab 3: Peripheral Programming on the Zynq SoC – Program the Gigabit Ethernet controller on the Zynq SoC and verify in hardware. Explore the various lwip Standalone library services that support the Zynq SoC Gigabit Ethernet controller.
Find out more...View details, dates and locations for Advanced Embedded Systems training
Or contact your local Doulos team to discuss your requirements.
Back to top