Xilinx - Vivado HLSAlso known as C-based Design: High-Level Synthesis
with the Vivado HLx Tool by Xilinx
view dates and locations
The course provides a thorough introduction to Vivado® HLS (high-level synthesis). It covers:
- synthesis strategies
- improving throughput
- interface creation
- testbench coding
- coding tips.
You will learn how to utilize Vivado HLS to optimize code for high-speed performance in an embedded environment and download for in-circuit validation.
Who Should Attend?
Software and hardware engineers looking to utilize high-level synthesis.
- C, C++, or System C knowledge
- High-level synthesis for software engineers OR high-level synthesis for hardware engineers
- Enhance productivity using Vivado HLS (high-level synthesis)
- Describe the high-level synthesis flow
- Use Vivado HLS for a first project
- Identify the importance of the testbench
- Use directives to improve performance and area and select RTL interfaces
- Identify common coding pitfalls as well as methods for improving code for RTL/hardware
- Perform system-level integration of blocks generated by Vivado HLS
- Introduction to High-Level Synthesis and Vivado HLS
- Using Vivado HLS: GUI Flow
- Lab 1: Introduction to the Vivado HLS Tool Flow
- Vivado HLS Command Line Interface
- Lab 2 Introduction to the Vivado HLS CLI Flow
- Optimizing for Latency
- Lab 3: The Impact of Unrolling Loops
- Optimizing for Throughput
- Lab 4: Optimizing for Throughput
- Optimizing Arrays
- Lab 5: Handling Memories
- Optimizing for Area
- I/O Interfaces
- Lab 6: Embedded System Integration
- Vivado HLS: C Code
- Lab 7: Matrix Multiplication
- Lab 1: Introduction to the Vivado HLS Tool Flow - Utilize the GUI to simulate and create a project. Perform RTL synthesis, verification, and exporting the C design as an IP.
- Lab 2 Introduction to the Vivado HLS CLI Flow - Utilize a make file to perform C simulation. Create a project and perform C synthesis, RTL verification, and RTL packaging.
- Lab 3: The Impact of Unrolling Loops - Analyze multiple results of the design and apply directives to optimize loop latency.
- Lab 4: Optimizing for Throughput - Optimize loop performance and modify pipelining and its affect on performance.
- Lab 5: Handling Memories - Analyze the impact of manipulating arrays. Utilize directives to optimize the design for area.
- Lab 6: Embedded System Integration - Set up an embedded design, create an HLS pcore to import into the embedded design, and validate the system on the demo board.
- Lab 7: Matrix Multiplication - Write a C-code 3x3 matrix multiplier, verify the design, and apply directives to improve performance.
|September 28th, 2020||Copenhagen, DK||Enquire|
|September 28th, 2020||Stockholm, SE||Enquire|
|October 19th, 2020||Ringwood, UK||Enquire|
|indicates CONFIRMED TO RUN courses.|
Looking for team-based training, or other locations?
Complete an on-line form and a Doulos representative will get back to you »
Back to top